Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday at the British Institution

Friday, November 2, 2012
Loretta reports:

Today you get to make your own movie.  The scene is the British Institution, which has inspired episodes in two of my Dressmakers books, Scandal Wears Satin and Vixen in Velvet.

Here's the picture.  You can make your own story—or just enjoy the view.


Alfred Joseph Woolmer, Interior of the British Institution (Old Master Exhibition, Summer 1832), 1833. Courtesy Yale Center for British Art.

1 comments:

Jenny O said...

Haha, have just made the connection of exactly which authors are writing my new favourite blog! I'm a library manager in charge of orders for a small library in coastal Georgia, and Silk is for Seduction was definitely one book that had to come home with me before it made its way to the stacks! I love reading historical romances, but am very picky about authenticity of historical details and settings (having gotten a degree in art history and spent several years as a museum curator and archivist before ending up in libraries), and am SO much looking forward to being able to get these two books through the libraries' statewide loans system. Haha, I didn't mean to gush quite so much, it was just such a great confluence of books AND blog I like so much!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket