Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Video: Jane Austen's Netherfield Ball Recreated

Friday, June 21, 2013
Isabella reporting,

As every good Nerdy History Person and reader knows, 2013 marks the two hundredth anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. In honor of this anniversary, the BBC recreated one of the book's most famous and pivotal scenes: the Netherfield Ball. The resulting documentary, "Pride & Prejudice: Having a Ball," aims to show every aspect of a Regency-era ball, from the invitations to the clothes, music, food, and dances. With social historian Amanda Vickery and a team of other historians and experts to lead the way, this behind-the-scenes show is a delight.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

O.M.G - what a great program! BBC America is great but I really wish they'd put more of these programs into their scheduling. Gordon Ramsey is awesome, but I could do with a bit less of him sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

Ana said...

This has been on my 'To Watch' list for some time.
I should really get round to it...

Heckety said...

Wow! I didn't know this- thank you!

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Wow this is amazing! I got to meet Hilary Davidson at the Museum of London a couple of years ago, when she showed me a gown I was recreating on the other side of the world. Such knowledge!

Ellayne said...

Thank you for sharing! I will be sharing on my own blog tomorrow and linking to yours. This was fantastic!

Lizzie said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Loved it!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket